I am proud to announce 2 new programs we have just launched: Premium & Pay Per Click. As you know, we have traditionally sold display ads at fixed 30-day rates. It is important to note that we are not abandoning the sponsorship model at all, it is still our core business. However, there has been a growing need for both advertisers and publishers to have more options. Premium and Pay Per Click are the first additional options we are releasing in a series of innovative developments that we have to come. These 2 new programs are very important milestones for us, here’s why:
- When it comes to publishers earning based on performance with text ads, their options are limited. Right now, the only viable option for a website in the web design & development space is Google AdSense. With the launch of Pay Per Click, publishers will now have a second option that is potentially more profitable for them than the latter.
- We have included A/B testing functionality for the Premium & Pay Per Click programs; we will be expanding this functionality across all placements.
- It has been very hard for larger advertisers to get accustomed to our fixed 30-day rate system; since they’re used to making traditional ad buys. With the use of BSA Premium and Pay Per Click, they’ll now be able to buy across the network – versus having to use small batch ad buys.
- We’re bringing the same transparency that we brought to display ads to Pay Per Click. Other Pay Per Click ad networks don’t do this.
- It is our first step toward targeting for advertisers. For example, do you have a software app that is Mac only? With BSA Premium, you’ll be able to show your ads to Mac users only.
While both programs are in a beta stage right now, they are live and producing real results for both advertisers and publishers. We are adding new publishers and advertisers to the beta every day. To learn more about each program, please visit the following links: Premium and Pay Per Click.
Here is what the PPC unit looks like:
Here is what the Premium unit looks like:
Here is the official press release.